user debian-le...@lists.debian.org
usertags 729203 copyright-review-requested
thanks

Hi Charles,

On 06.08.2014 13:55, Charles Plessy wrote:
A few years ago, I made a proposal for peer-reviewing copyright files in the
NEW queue.

     https://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview

The goal is not to substitute for the inspection by the FTP Master team, but to
correct defects before their review, therefore saving their time.

This looks like a good idea, but unfortunately it seems not to be an often used process.

I have done a few dozens of these reviews and share Thorsten's impression in
general (althouth in my opinion 80 % is quite an upper-range estimate…).

I have no accurate numbers, but I just reviewed three packages [1-3] and found problems in all of them. It's a rather small sample size, but still...

I encourage everybody who uploads to the NEW queue to review some packages in
exchange.  To help people reviewing your package, please make sure that a
copy is accessible (source packages in the NEW queue are not accessible outside
the FTP Master team).

Now, could anyone review the debian/copyright file of ffmpeg?
The sources are available in this repository:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/ffmpeg.git

Best regards,
Andreas

1: https://bugs.debian.org/686447