❦  8 août 2015 18:11 -0700, Josh Triplett <j...@joshtriplett.org> :

> This handles the majority of programs I use.  A few notable exceptions:
> gitk scales up some but not all of its fonts (reported as a bug),
> Celestia's and stellarium's in-rendering text (reported as bugs), old X
> utilities like xcalc/xconsole/xedit/xdvi/xmag/xman/xmessage (not really
> worth reporting, better to replace them with modern tools), and anything
> that relies heavily on toolbars like gimp/inkscape/audacity (tools and
> other UI elements not scaled up, since they don't use text; unfortunate
> but expected, as they don't have non-integer scaling).

I don't have any such problems with Gimp and Inkscape and Xft/DPI set to
144 (both through xrdb and XSETTINGS). All GTK apps are behaving
correctly, notably Gimp and Inkscape. It seems GTK is doing complex
stuff to determine the scaling to be applied, so many things may
influence it. Other apps fail to understand how GTK works and try to
emulate it by piling hacks together (notably Chromium).

I could show you at Debconf to spot a configuration difference.
--
No group of professionals meets except to conspire against the public at large.
                -- Mark Twain