On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 06:43:31PM -0400, Robert Edmonds wrote:

> The relevant TC decision was two years ago in #746715:
>
>     For the record, the TC expects maintainers to continue to support
>     the multiple available init systems in Debian.  That includes
>     merging reasonable contributions, and not reverting existing
>     support without a compelling reason.
>
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/08/msg00001.html)
>
> However, that was two years ago. How long should we be expected to
> continue maintaining sysvinit scripts?

At least until stretch is released, and afterwards unless policy is
changed and/or the TC changes its decision.

Please do not pro-actively remove functionality. If an init script is
working fine, there is no reason not to keep it. If it isn't, you'll
probably get a bug report, and if it doesn't already contain a patch,
and you cannot act on it yourself, ask for help.

      Guus Sliepen <g...@debian.org>