Hello,

Am 19.02.2017 um 07:12 schrieb Josh Triplett:
> Mike Hommey wrote:
>> Why not just create a ~/.thunderbird symlink to ~/.icedove if
>> ~/.icedove exists?
>
> This seems like the right solution.  (Or, equivalently, rename
> ~/.icedove to ~/.thunderbird and place a symlink in the other
> direction.)
>
> Any particular reason not to do this?

given to the feedback on the list and BTS we will change the current
behavior to "just" symlink to ~/.icedove.

While starting the process of the package migration we (mostly me) was
worry about we have to do much more changes inside a users profile and
it would be good to have a full backup. But now it turns out it isn't
that much.

I'd like to thank all the people who gave us suggestions and helpful
feedback in the past days and weeks! We can make Thunderbird great again
in Debian. :-)

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert