On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 10:41:41PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 07:50:55PM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> > I know you have good intention in trying to improve the MIA process, but
> > I think[*] this sends the wrong message to the current volunteers: you
> > can act as professionally as you can, you will still get criticism from
> > a few people on some minor details. Can we spare our volunteers more
> > carefully than rude people?
>
> That's expected.  The work of a mortician (MIA is basically this) is
> unpleasant, and having people lash at you just for doing it is the norm
> rather than an exception.

I never heard of anybody "lashing" at a mortician[*], but yes; as you
probably know I've been through several such unpleasant discussions like
this since I started taking on MIA work ~3 years ago.

> So I hope you'll grit your teeth and keep going.  You may end up as grumpy
> as formorer -- but, notably, he still hasn't stopped his thankless unpaid
> work.

I actually think I became less grumpy-triggerable than I once was… :)

> So in the interest of Debian, we need to keep Mattia, formorer and other
> folks in such roles well stocked in DebConf beer, encouraging platitudes
> and so on... :)

\o/ free beer!! \o/

[*]: although my mind is trying to picture it and find the situation
quite funny to look at ("hey, stop burying them right now!!") :3

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :