On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 07:47:41PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> (I also wonder if we should just require people to opt in to their
> DD-ship on a yearly basis instead of doing most of the WAT/MIA dance. If
> people can't be bothered to reply to a single email saying «yup, another
> year please» with some reasonable amount of pinging and time to reply,
> they are effectively MIA, at least if they haven't let people know on
> -private or similar.)

ISTR that UDD tracks the "last appearance" of each developer, with "last
appearance" being upload, mailing list post (I think, if signed with the
developer's key), etc.  The once a year ping then need not be universal
and instead only for those who have become dormant based on lack of
visible indicators of participation.

Regards,

-Roberto

--