On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 08:17:03PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
the main reason for having +dfsg versions is that non-distributable
stuff is removed. Distributing these files in a Debian hosted GIT
repository would not be workable, would it?

It was widely done on alioth (by pulling in upstream branches to git
repos) and I imagine is common on Salsa, too. In practise we are not
applying the DFSG to the content of the VCS, the wiki, or really much
except the archive.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland