Am Sonntag, den 11.08.2019, 01:55 +0800 schrieb Drew Parsons:
> Upstreams are starting to use git lfs in their git repos.  In some cases
> the git-lfs references files are retained in the source tarball, not
> replacing the reference with the actual files.  This happens for
> instance with github repos (I gather it happens because the tarball is
> generated with 'git archive' [1]).  An example is the mesh files [2] in
> pygalmesh 0.4.0 [3].

What I really don't understand is, why we duplicate upstream files (now even
really large files) on salsa.d.o. The debian/-only approach (or "overlay"
layout in git-buildpackage) works fine. Salsa CI also works just fine.

I cannot find anyhting useful in storing the upstream files in our Git. Also
all other distributions I know, which store their packaging files in a VCS,
only store *their* files, not the upstream sources. Do we really have to waste
our resources?

Regards, Daniel