Sam Hartman writes ("Re: Git Packaging Round 2: SHOULD Not or MUSt NOT Github"):
> Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
> > Sam Hartman writes ("Re: Git Packaging Round 2: SHOULD Not or
> > MUSt NOT Github"):
> >> Unfortunately, I believe you are in the [wrong] when judging
>
> Ian placed the word "wrong" in my mouth replacing the word "rough" from
> my original mail.  I disagree with that characterization of what I said
> in the strongest possible terms.

I'm sorry, I genuinely thought you had made a typo.  The sentence

  Unfortunately, I believe you are in the rough when judging rough
  consensus on this issue.

didn't make sense to me.  I should have stared at it for longer and
then maybe I would have seen what you meant.

>    When I say that Ian is in the rough, I mean that I think there is
> not a perfect consensus on the issue, and that Ian holds an view
> that is inconsistent with what consensus exists.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.