On 13.09.19 15:10, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 02:51:47PM +0200, Alf Gaida wrote:
>
>> Is it really so hard to understand? Github, Gitlab and other service are
>> just tools. I don't care if they are free or non-free.
> For Debian, free software is kind of important.
>
>    Simon

Simon - if you cite me, you should cite the relevant part. Really, the
text wasn't that long:

> Is it really so hard to understand? Github, Gitlab and other service are
> just tools. I don't care if they are free or non-free. No account, no
> participation. And if you had read the whole post - imho the best
> outcome woul be: No hosting of Debian packaging outside  Debian
> infrastructure. Second thing i would prefer: Packaging has to use a VCS
> supported in the debian project. If it boils down to:  We  support only
> git in our infrastructure - fine.

No hosting outside of debian means: One has to use Debian infrastructure
- and we only use services we consider free, don't we? So it's is not
relevant if other services are free or non-free. It wouldn't matter.

Cheers Alf