On 10/5/19 7:48 PM, Attila Szalay wrote:
> I added the "pbuilder-options = --source-only-changes" option to the
> [buildpackage] part of the debian/gbp.conf

Please, *never* do that. It's generally a very bad idea to write
anything to debian/gbp.conf. It's as if you were adding your text editor
preferences in the package. Instead, please prefer writing in ~/.gbp.conf.

Just an example: if someone is using pbuilder, and wants to add a new
binary to your package, then your debian/gbp.conf will be super
annoying, because in such case, we need to upload *with* binaries (as
source-only uploads aren't possible in the NEW queue).

Also, please remember that not everyone is using git-buildpackage, and
that nobody is ever, forced to do so, even when using git for packaging
(just calling plain sbuild works perfectly, for example).

A few years ago, we decided to *completely* remove all traces of
debian/gbp.conf inside the OpenStack team, and I very much enjoy this
choice. The only annoying bit, is that now, everyone *must* write in
~/.gbp.conf this:

[DEFAULT]
ignore-branch = True

By the way, it'd be nice if it became the default in git-buildpackage.
This missleads everyone into writing a debian/gbp.conf just in order to
tell git-buildpackage what branch to build with.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)