❦ 12 August 2021 11:38 +05, Andrey Rahmatullin:

>> > I don't think calling this "privilege escalation" or "attack" is correct.
>> > The premise of the post is "the user should not be a root/admin user but
>> > has been assigned sudo permissions to run the package manager" and one
>> > doesn't really need a long article to prove that it's not secure.
>>
>> I think the article is interesting nonetheless. Some people may think
>> that granting sudo on apt is OK.
> Some people may think granting sudo to vim is OK, but we need to educate
> in general that some programs can run other programs, and so restricted
> sudo is not as restricted as it sounds.

That's the point of the article, isn't it? Your example is how I got
fast-forwarded admin when I was at school/uni. So, it's unlikely to
change.
--
Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed
down-stairs a step at a time.