El 28/09/21 a las 13:01, Marc Haber escribió:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:48:25 -0700, Noah Meyerhans <no...@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >It's worth noting also that ISC's DHCP client, packaged as
> >isc-dhcp-client from the isc-dhcp source package, is considered EOL
> >upstream.
>
> Same applies to the relay, doesn't it?

Indeed. Just to give some references:

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/dhcp/:

  Please note that this project is in maintenance mode - we are not
  actively adding new functionality and may not respond to non-critical
  issues.

https://www.isc.org/dhcp/:

  ISC is developing a new DHCP server, Kea, which we intend to
  eventually replace ISC DHCP in most server implementations. We
  recommend that new implementers use Kea and implement ISC DHCP only if
  Kea does not meet their needs. The Kea distribution does not currently
  include either a client or a relay.

Regarding the server, I don't find very appealing to have to install a
relational DB along with the DHCP server.

About the client and server, if I am not wrong, about 3 years ago ISC
dhcp was the only implementation able to configure DHCPv6 clients by
their MAC addresses (thing that I needed at work). It is a pity that ISC
is giving less love to it. That said, the EOL date is still TBA
(https://www.isc.org/dhcp/)

  -- Santiago