Hi David,

Debian has a group of people working on bazel packaging.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-bazel/2022/06/threads.html
And bazel itself has been a years-long pain for tensorflow packaging.

I'm not following the updates for bazel packaging, but you
may browse the packaging work of the corresponding team
to see whether there is anything you are interested in:
https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel