On Sat, 2022-11-19 at 09:06 +0200, Josua Mayer wrote:

> However note I am not part of the Debian project.
> I don't know if joining makes sense, I don't know if the Debian
> project would like to incorporate some developers who specifically
> would collaborate to support certain vendors in Debian.....
> Just - there are things outsiders cannot do - like maintaining a
> "Blend" e.g.

You don't need to be a Debian member to contribute to Debian nor to
maintain a Debian blend, everyone is welcome to do that. All package
uploads will need to go via a sponsor or the maintainers though.
Usually a "Blend" isn't needed to support specific hardware, as the
support just goes into the existing hardware support packages like
u-boot/linux/mesa. Blends are more for specific areas of use-cases like
gaming or medicine or astronomy.

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends

--