El 27/1/23 a las 22:37, Adrian Bunk escribió:
Speaking as someone who is doing a lot of QA work, [...]

Note: I've downgraded the bugs in dispute to important,
so they are not RC anymore, per request of Sebastian Ramacher.

I just wanted to point out that the "it's more work for me"
argument goes both ways.

You are working on RC bugs, and that's great (I remember for example
a FTBFS bug in gettext for which you found a fix. It really helped).

I'm working on FTBFS bugs in general, including "FTBFS randomly" bugs,
which are (in general) considered important only.

So, for every FTBFS bug which is not fixed before the release because it's not
RC,
there is double the work for me if I want to keep stable free of FTBFS bugs
in general, because the bug has to be fixed in unstable and then backported
to stable. Note that I'm talking in general, not about tzdata-related bugs.

I know that you sometimes work on backporting fixes from FTBFS bugs to stable,
so I believe you know well what I'm talking about. Note also that I'm not trying
to use this as an argument to have "more RC bugs", I just wanted you to look
at the other side.

Thanks.