On 2023-07-05 09:36, Russell Coker wrote:
On Monday, 3 July 2023 22:37:35 AEST Russell Coker wrote:
https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/SystemdAnalyzeSecurity

People have asked how hard it is to create policy for daemons.  For an
individual to create them it's a moderate amount of work, 1-2 hours per daemon which is a lot considering the dozens of daemons that people use. But for a group of people it's not a big deal, it's almost nothing compared to the scale of Debian development work. The work that I've done writing SE Linux policy for daemons is significantly greater than what I'd like the collective of DDs
to do in this regard.

My fear here would be that you are not in control of what your dependencies are doing. This is especially true if you think of NIS and PAM, where libraries are dlopen()ed and can spawn arbitrary helper binaries. I remember openssh installing a syscall filter for its auth binary and then it failed with certain PAM modules (see also your allow_ypbind example). So we should also not be too limiting when sandboxing daemons.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern