On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 14:00:45 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski
<szybal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>What is the minimum most value thing that would help YOU accomplish your
>goals for Debian ?

I do not quite understand the question, so my answer might be a bit
off.

I'd like to have conffile management improved. Debian is already
better than other distributions in this regard, but I'd still have a
few additional features. For example having some kind of interactive
merge function that could be invoked during package installation
instead of the "do you want their conffile, your conffile, an editor
or a shell" prompt.

I'd like to have better tooling for conffile handling in maintainer
scripts, some convergence of dpkg and ucf, possibly a more declarative
approach or more boilerplate code that is easier to debug.

And I'd like Debian packages to make consequent use of this mechanism
which is one that makes Debian special.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |