Hmm ...

I did not go deep into this situation, but if you would like to traing an agent and/or whatever, most likely you need a valid email address to post to a list.
If this is an agent, it is trained to (by the emails before)
- use/mimic older members address to show credentibility
- collect and parse repliers name so the email can be personalized.

These lower your guards.

I think all information can be gathered from the mailing-list public archive. So if Syzbalski does not pop up and say, "hey guys, I was drunk and texted to my ex and debian lists", I am still considering this being a AI training.

Best regars,
Imre