Hi!

On Tue, 7 May 2024 at 15:27, Charles Plessy <ple...@debian.org> wrote:
..
> I want to leverage our cluster to automate as much of the rebuilds as I
> can, but could not find the right tool.  I tried to run sbuild in a
> Singularity image and this failed.  However, I do not need the whole
> power of engines like sbuild, as none of the packages involved require
> root priviledges to build.
>
> Do you have a suggestion for a tool can run in user mode in a container
> image having access to local storage on the host, and that given a
> Debian source control file will download the dependencies and build the
> package ?

Can you give me an example of a package you want to build and what is
the starting point, and I can tell you what command to issue to
https://salsa.debian.org/otto/debcraft to achieve it?

It supports running Podman in user mode (=no root permissions needed),
it loop-mounts a local directory (local storage), creates clean build
containers on the fly similar to sbuild but is much easier and faster
to use.

Example of how to build one of your packages with just pointing it at
the source git repo:

$ debcraft build https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/altree.git
Building container 'debcraft-debian-sid' in
'/tmp/tmp.brCZRhn2lL/debcraft-container' for downloader use
mkdir: created directory '/tmp/tmp.brCZRhn2lL/debcraft-container'
STEP 1/10: FROM debian:sid
$ ls -1 debcraft-build-altree-1715137513.a8c999a+master
altree_1.3.2-2_amd64.build
altree_1.3.2-2_amd64.buildinfo
altree_1.3.2-2_amd64.changes
altree_1.3.2-2_amd64.deb
altree-dbgsym_1.3.2-2_amd64.deb
altree-examples_1.3.2-2_all.deb
control.log
filelist.log
lintian.log

First build is a bit slow as it needs to download all the dependencies
and create a container, but the second run of 'debcraft build' inside
the source directory will be very fast as all container cache is
reused.