Le Tue, May 07, 2024 at 08:17:31PM -0700, Otto Kekäläinen a écrit :

> Can you give me an example of a package you want to build and what is
> the starting point, and I can tell you what command to issue to
> https://salsa.debian.org/otto/debcraft to achieve it?
>
> It supports running Podman in user mode (=no root permissions needed),

Hi Otto,

it looks really great!

Do you think you can make it work with Singularity/Apptainer instead of
Podman?  Our cluster runs only singularity 3.5.2
(https://docs.sylabs.io/guides/3.5/user-guide/).  Debian has version
4.1.2 in the singularity-container package.

The conversion of a Docker container to the Singularity format is
simple, and Singularity already mounts most of the local storage to make
it visible and writable from within the container.

The typical packages that I want to build are the r-bioc-* collection.
Together, they represent a dependency graph deep of a dozen of layers,
which makes transitions work-intensive.

With tools like debcraft I would like to prepare a set of updated
packages for which I know that the CI tests pass, and that can be
uploaded all together at the same time when I we get green light from
the Release team.  (And to rebuild all of them if in the meantime the
contents of Unstable have changed significantly).

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med