On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Stephen Crowley wrote:
>>Ok, i just apt-get upgraded about an hour ago, to my horror i can no
>longer login, nor can I su, it just sits there doing nothing. I
>also cannot telnet to localhost. Someone on irc just upgraded also and got
>the exact same problem. What is going on!?

What error does it give when you try to su?  Does anything useful appear in
the /var/log files generated by syslogd?

I hope you didn't log out of the root account yet...

--
I'll be in Denver from 30 Oct 1998 to 7 Nov 1998 (or maybe a few days longer).
I'll be in London from ~9 Nov 1998.  I'd like to meet any Linux users or