Hi,

        I don't like getting spam. I dislike the fact that I am
 inconvenienced.  I have not yet decided to give in, though. And, in
 my opinion, bouncing mail from people innocent of sending spam is
 giving in to spammers.

        I ifnd this phenomena remniscent of may people in the trhoes
 of a war: they become obsessed by the enemy; and collateral damage is
 increasingly acceptable in the pursuit of the war.

        I have not yet gotten that numbed out.

        The problem with DUL is that they don't care if the people
 blocked ever sent any spam. The have the wrong color ski^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
 type of connection, and must be the enemy.

        Frankly, it is an arbitrary criteria to reject mail, based on
 an assumption that people from those kind of net neighborhoodsare
 more likely to commit crimes, since criminals in them there
 neighborhoods are less likely to be caught and punished. The Net
 version of racial profiling.

        Personally, if I get a bounce from anywhere telling me they
 have blacklisted me, I return the favour.

        It's all going to end in heat death anyway.

        manoj
--
 Perhaps the most widespread illusion is that if we were in power we
 would behave very differently from those who now hold it -- when, in