On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 15:23:43 +0100
Aurelien Jarno <aurel...@aurel32.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 09:42:49PM +0800, clayton wrote:
> > Package: libc6
> > Version: 2.10.1-5
> > Severity: important
> >
> > When I pull up a terminal screen with Ctrl-Alt-Fx and attempt to
> > login (root or regular user) I get the following:
> >
> > "login: segfault at bc43c704 ip b7f4c2da sp bfbeb1dc error 4 in
> > libc-2.10.1.so[b7ed9000+141000]
> >
> > and login fails and I am returned to the login prompt. Ie.
> > Ctrl-Alt-Fx totally broken.
> >

> Does rebooting the machine fixes the issue?

No, but I just accidentally discovered that if I attempt to login with
an incorrect password, and get kicked back to the login prompt with a
"password incorrect" error, the next login with the correct password
will succeed. Then if I logout and attempt to login with a correct
password again, a segfault again.

A work-around, at least. So I would be alright if you downgraded the
severity from "important" to "normal".

Clayton