Your message dated Thu, 2 Jan 2020 20:32:37 +0100
with message-id <20200102193237.ga2...@aurel32.net>
and subject line Re: Bug#946517: glibc: Unexpected nptl testsuite failures on 
powerpc/ppc64 in 2.30
has caused the Debian Bug report #946517,
regarding glibc: Unexpected nptl testsuite failures on powerpc/ppc64 in 2.30
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact ow...@bugs.debian.org
immediately.)


-- 
946517: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=946517
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact ow...@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Source: glibc
Version: 2.29-5
Severity: normal
User: debian-powe...@lists.debian.org
Usertags: powerpc ppc64

Hi!

The glibc 2.30 package in experimental has some failures on powerpc/ppc64
that are unexpected [1, 2]:

FAIL: nptl/tst-cond11
FAIL: nptl/tst-cond11-static
FAIL: nptl/tst-cond27
FAIL: nptl/tst-mutexpi5
FAIL: nptl/tst-mutexpi5a
FAIL: nptl/tst-rwlock6
FAIL: nptl/tst-rwlock7
FAIL: nptl/tst-sem5

On openSUSE, these tests pass on both powerpc and ppc64 [3, 4], so there must
be an issue either in Debian's glibc package or on the buildd in question.

I'll do a give-back in any case and see if the issue persists.

Adrian

> [1] 
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=glibc&arch=powerpc&ver=2.30-0experimental0&stamp=1575686700&raw=0
> [2] 
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=glibc&arch=ppc64&ver=2.30-0experimental0&stamp=1575687728&raw=0
> [3] 
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/Base:System/glibc:testsuite/openSUSE_Factory_PowerPC/ppc
> [4] 
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/Base:System/glibc:testsuite/openSUSE_Factory_PowerPC/ppc64

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

On 2019-12-10 12:59, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Source: glibc
> Version: 2.29-5
> Severity: normal
> User: debian-powe...@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: powerpc ppc64
> 
> Hi!
> 
> The glibc 2.30 package in experimental has some failures on powerpc/ppc64
> that are unexpected [1, 2]:
> 
> FAIL: nptl/tst-cond11
> FAIL: nptl/tst-cond11-static
> FAIL: nptl/tst-cond27
> FAIL: nptl/tst-mutexpi5
> FAIL: nptl/tst-mutexpi5a
> FAIL: nptl/tst-rwlock6
> FAIL: nptl/tst-rwlock7
> FAIL: nptl/tst-sem5
> 

The testsuite passed for both powerpc and ppc64 for the
2.30-0experimental1 upload, despite having no changes related to the
issue.

I am therefore closing the issue.

-- 
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B
aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net

--- End Message ---

Reply via email to