Hey Aurelien,

On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 11:53:35PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>One solution for this would be to ship the optimized library in the same
>package as the default library. Now this is not acceptable for embedded
>systems as they might not need that library and can't remove it. This is
>even more problematic if we need to add more optimized libraries. I guess
>this might be the case for arm64 as there are many new extensions in the
>pipe.

ACK. It's a problem to ship the different things in separate
packages. If it's really a problem for smaller systems to have all the
variants because of size, is there maybe another way to do things? How
about keeping the existing libc and have an extra package
("libc-optimised") with all the optimised versions *and* the basic
version, and have it provide/replace/conflict libc6?

(/me prepares to be ambarrassed as you point out the obvious flaw I'm
missing...)

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
"... the premise [is] that privacy is about hiding a wrong. It's not.