Hi.  I read about the Go teams CI/CD pipeline here:

https://go-team.pages.debian.net/ci.html

There is no mention of the "regular" Salsa pipeline:

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/

I tried searching for earlier discussions but didn't find any.  The
salsa pipeline includes many generic Debian packaging QA that the Go
team CI/CD pipeline does not test as far as I can tell.

What do you think about _adding_ the normal Salsa pipeline to the Go
pipeline?

Adding it should not conflict with the current "test_the_archive" job.
It only means you would get some new jobs in your Salsa pipeline for Go
packages, that are run on the normal shared Salsa runner.  The workflow
rules may modify when jobs are run, but as far as I can tell, this would
fix the current problem of running two jobs whenever you push a tagged
commit, and similar issues.

How do you all QA test Go packages before uploading them without a Salsa
pipeline?  Manually on local developer machine?

I see that shared runners are disabled for all Go packages, what was the
reason behind that?  That needs to be enabled to use the normal shared
salsa runners.  The "test_the_archive" job would still run on the go
runner since the job is tagged, and that job would not run on the normal
shared runners either.

/Simon