On 24/09/26 5:33 pm, Andrew Lee wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 1:47 PM Nilesh Patra <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, determining the "root" go.mod in the `.deb` is non-trivial as
>> lintian runs separately on the `.dsc` and the `.deb`.
>>
>> That being said, since we do expect 
>> `go-library-package-does-not-include-version` to go away
>> at some point after the transition is over, is it acceptable for you if this 
>> tag is not emitted
>> if the said package is in `oldlibs` section as mentioned in [1]? That would 
>> ideally cover your transitional
>> package case.
> 
> Right. I didn't thought about we can skip that if it's in `oldlibs`
> section. I think this approach will works great for us. Thanks a lot
> for working through this!

I made the output a bit more descriptive to pointout the name of the lib package

```
golang-package-without-version-suffix (source): 
go-library-package-does-not-include-version 
golang-package-without-version-suffix-dev
```

So it is helpful for lib+prog packages.

I also made the oldlibs change plus removing 
go-source-package-does-not-include-version tag and opened an MR:
https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/813

Set the same to automerge.

HTH,
Nilesh


Reply via email to