My inventory of the licenses in gnumach 2:1.7+git20160809-2 is not
yet complete.  I'm seeing two kinds of license violations so far.

University of Utah advertising clause vs. GNU GPL

Several files have a license notice like this:

> Copyright (c) 1994 The University of Utah and
> the Computer Systems Laboratory at the University of Utah (CSL).
> All rights reserved.
>
> Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software is hereby
> granted provided that (1) source code retains these copyright, permission,
> and disclaimer notices, and (2) redistributions including binaries
> reproduce the notices in supporting documentation, and (3) all advertising
> materials mentioning features or use of this software display the following
> acknowledgement: ``This product includes software developed by the
> Computer Systems Laboratory at the University of Utah.''
>
> THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH AND CSL ALLOW FREE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IN ITS "AS
> IS" CONDITION.  THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH AND CSL DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OF
> ANY KIND FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
>
> CSL requests users of this software to return to csl-d...@cs.utah.edu any
> improvements that they make and grant CSL redistribution rights.

This includes an advertising clause, which AFAIK is incompatible
with GPLv1, GPLv2, and GPLv3.  In June 2007, one of the original
Hurd developers was going to ask the University of Utah to
rescind the advertising clause, but the results were never posted
to bug-hurd.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2007-06/msg00068.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2007-06/msg00069.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2007-06/msg00075.html
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OriginalBSD

GPLv3-or-later vs. GPLv2-only
-----------------------------

The following files are copyrighted by the FSF, licensed under
GPLv3-or-later, and built into the gnumach binary:

i386/grub/acpi.h
i386/grub/compiler.h
i386/grub/cpu/io.h
i386/grub/cpu/time.h
i386/grub/cpu/types.h
i386/grub/err.h
i386/grub/misc.h
i386/grub/mm.h
i386/grub/symbol.h
i386/grub/time.h
i386/grub/types.h
i386/i386at/acpi.c
i386/i386at/acpihalt.c
kern/gsync.c
kern/gsync.h

Many files copied from Linux are licensed under GPLv2-only, and
they too are built into the gnumach binary.  Here is one that
carries its own license notice, so the license is easy to verify:

linux/src/drivers/scsi/BusLogic.c

"nm gnumach" shows both grub_acpi_halt and
BusLogic_HardwareResetHostAdapter, i.e. the binary contains both
GPLv3-or-later and GPLv2-only code, which is an unlicensed
combination according to the FSF.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v2v3Compatibility
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49024

Mozilla Public License v1.1 not a problem

Many files under linux/pcmcia-cs/ have license notices that
refer to MPLv1.1.  However, that does not cause a license
incompatibility, because all of those files are dual licensed
under GPLv2-only, and none of them is actually built.