On Aug 6, 2023, at 16:09, Jessica Clarke <jrt...@debian.org> wrote:

On 7 Aug 2023, at 00:00, Pedro Miguel Justo <pm...@texair.net> wrote:

On Aug 6, 2023, at 10:13, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaub...@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hi!

On Sun, 2023-08-06 at 15:08 +0000, Pedro Miguel Justo wrote:
ow much automation can be used for bisecting a problem on grub?

My rx2660 is considerably up to date and still booting.

What do you recommend for best bisecting the offending step?

You cannot automate this as the machine needs to be rebooted all the time.

That is what I was expecting.

Basically, you need to do the following:

# apt build-dep grub2

Sourt of embarrassing question but… what is the deb-src right entry for debian
ports?

# git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/grub.git

This leads me to another question: Has anyone been able to install git these
days?

$ sudo apt install git
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 git : Depends: git-man (< 1:2.36.1-.) but 1:2.40.1-1 is to be installed

Same as non-ports; there’s no ports copy of the unstable sources.

Thanks Jessica, I recon

deb-src https://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

should be the right addition then. Any thought on why Ports installs always
come with incomplete sources.list?

Jess