Hi,

Am 16.02.2018 um 15:47 schrieb 殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan:
> I wrote 2 Debhelper plugins for easing maintenance of packages with Maven
> artifacts. They are in a new package called "maven-repo-helper-extras" [1].
>
> "mh_shlibdeps" works just like "dh_shlibdeps". It examines the Maven
> artifacts installed by a package and generate "${maven:Depends}" in a
> "<package>.substvars" file.

First of all thanks for trying something new and improving our tool chain!

How is mh_shlibdeps different from our current approach in
maven-debian-helper? I mean ${maven:Depends} already exists and works as
expected, maven-debian-helper scans the pom.xml file and injects runtime
dependencies into this substvar.

> "mh_genlaunchers" generates a Java program launcher script based on a
> "<package>.maven-launchers" file. It has a syntax like:
>
>     usr/bin/mh_shlibdeps    org.debian.maven.Shlibdeps
> org.debian:maven-debian-utils:debian
>
> This file specifies the launcher location, main class name and the Maven
> artifact providing said main class.
>
> The reason why I invented a new project instead of adding them to
> "maven-repo-helper" is that I wanted to implement it using upstream code
> (e.g. maven-resolver [2]) and in pure Java (without shell script like
> "javahelper").

mh_genlaunchers sounds like an alternative to jh_manifest. Maybe if we
could integrate it into maven-debian-helper build-depending on
javahelper would be unnecessary in this case?

Regards,

Markus