On Fri, 24 Feb 2023, Vladimir Petko wrote:

>The issue is the migration procedure - those packages have to be
>published together to avoid any nasty surprises.

Yeah, we’ll have to pick a time to do that, which is after
the bookworm release anyway (it’s not okay to upload things
to unstable right now that are not targetting the release,
and only small targetted fixes, not big changes).

>- call update-certificates-java trigger after update-alternatives in
>every jre-headless postinstall script

Is this REALLY necessary? AIUI triggers it shouldn’t, with
the correct invocations. Please do talk to people who know
about triggers well.

>Potential problem:
>- update-certificates-java trigger logs appearing multiple times when
>different openjdk versions are installed at the same time

dpkg should merge them, but even if not, triggers must be
omnipotent anyway, so that’s not a problem.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!