Hi,

an open bug which I wanted to tag "upstream" uncovered that there is a problem
in upstream development of this package.  As you can see in the response the
main upstream author claimed a lack for developers which seems mostly that
he has a lack of time (wild guess of my own).  Formerly the tipptrainer team
was very responsive to bugs and thus I hope this lack of developers is only
a temporary problem (also wild guess of my own).

The questions are:
  1. Does Debian-Edu or Debian-Jr have an interest in a program to learn
     touch typing?
  2. Are we able to fix this kind of bugs for the moment until a new
     team might have formed?
  3. Are there alternatives for this program which are actively maintained?

I would love to see tipptrainer revitalized.

Kind regards

       Andreas.