On 07.07.20 17:20, Scarlett Moore wrote:
On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:57:23 AM MST Pino Toscano wrote:
In data martedì 7 luglio 2020 09:06:20 CEST, Rainer Dorsch ha scritto:
Am Sonntag, 5. Juli 2020, 15:48:55 CEST schrieb Norbert Preining:
Hi Dietz,

Would you mind announcing relevant changes from your side (changed
repos,
discontinued development and so on) also oh debian-kde?

I don't think this is welcome here, since also on the IRC channel I was
told not to advertise my repositories.

Since this is already speculation, can anybody who has concerns with
announcements or user reports of Norbert's super uptodate KDE packages for
Debian here on the list share them?

I do.

I hope with an open minded and solution
oriented discussion they can be addressed and resolved....

"open minded" is not exactly the way somebody has been solving the
problem of helping a team in Debian.

It is definitely not nice to see that all the work & efforts in many
years are happily thrown down the loo by
- publicity stunts
- binary-only repos because "one person [not anymore working in the
   team] said something bad to me, so it's all team fault"
- blogs filled with untrue facts and on the borderline of insults

How does an "open mind" motivate you to work on this? I'll tell you:
it does not.

Maybe a better solution would be to just give up with this -- after
all, users have the super-duper-and-excellent-quality repos, right?

Deepily unmotivated,

Hi all.
I was not on this list, sorry. I have been working on plasma packages and they
are quite out of date. I am new to Debian process of mass package updates, so
I am slower than I care to admit, plus limitations due to not being a DD. That
being said, I do apologize for delay. I do accept quality merge requests.  I
know I missed them when I started on this task and I apologized, but Norbert
you have since deleted all of them and refuse to undelete them. I suppose
making me look bad helps you? I am trying my best with the time I have and
amount of work needed. Again, help is gladly accepted as long as it is quality
work and not just a changelog entry..
Thanks,
Scarlett

Looking also at the signature of your mail, I assume that you might have some insights also on the general situation. I am wondering about Qt itself moving to version 6 and having announced to change the license conditions by which KDE have used Qt in the past but appears to not be able to continue to use it in the future. Looking forward to reading good news, would you know about how KDE.org is planning to deal with this, is there a plan already?
Marco