Hi Gaudenz,

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 5:39 AM Gaudenz Steinlin <gaud...@debian.org> wrote:

> But you did not
> explain how this broke your installation in a way that you think
> this is release critical.

For privilege separation, I keep different keytabs in a directory
/etc/keytabs/. This is an alternative setup to keeping all keytabs in
a file /etc/krb.keytab. One of the scripts you ship
(/lib/systemd/system/rpc-svcgssd.service) requires

ConditionPathExists=/etc/krb5.keytab

That prevents rpc-svcgssd.service from running and any NFSv4 volumes
from being mounted. It breaks the essential function of the package.

> I agree that supporting all variables and possible configuration
> variants that are supported by the sysvinit scripts on systemd is
> a worthwile goal. I don't think this in itself is a release
> critical bug.  You can always use systemd native methods like
> drop-in configuration snippets to achieve your goal.

I am fan of systemd but still trying to understand its features. A
quick reference would be much appreciated.

> I'm downgrading the severity again at the moment, please feel free
> to upgrade again with an explanation how this actually breaks your
> system in a way that is not just a misconfiguration.

Together with #849942, this bug broke my installation on every package
update since I filed or amended the reports almost two years ago.

The developer guidelines for level 'grave' state: "makes the package
in question unusable or mostly so" [1]. I therefore disagree with your
reassignment.

I also would be happy to spend some time on this package. I promise I
won't just fix my own bugs. :)

Felix
--
GPG: F04D 1C22 02E2 FA0D 0188  54DA AC58 A94F 1161 8EE0

[1] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities