Hi,

Ben Hutchings writes:
> You can also find the detached signatures in the source package,
> linux-signed-amd64.  For this module, the signature is:
>
> debian/signatures/linux-image-5.3.0-1-amd64-unsigned/lib/modules/5.3.0-1-amd64/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-codec-hdmi.ko.sig

Tomas Janousek suggested in https://bugs.debian.org/942881#41 that the
file might be truncated and two bytes missing.  I think that might be
the problem, but with three bytes missing:

src:linux-signed-amd64/5.3.7+1 has for linux-image-5.3.0-1-amd64 a total
of 3568 detached signatures: one is 1378 bytes (kernel itself), then
3566 module signatures at 396 bytes each, then one module signature for
snd-hda-codec-hdmi.ko.sig which is only 393 bytes.  That is very
suspicious...

> It might be worth
> adding verification to the code signing service so we can catch this if
> it happens again.  We could alternately verify signatures at the point
> we attach them to binaries, but that would need to be implemented in
> multiple places.

Ack; validating the signatures when attaching them might notice when the
process of attaching them causes bugs, but I'm not sure how likely that
is.  But then signing stuff producing truncated files also shouldn't
happen...

Ansgar