Hi,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:50:19PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 07:41:05PM +0000, Toni wrote:
> > Severity: critical
>
> Sorry, no.  This problem does not break the package for everyone.
>
> > On the console, after dmesg, these three lines repeat ad nauseum:
> > mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
> >   Volume group "ev0" not found
> >   Cannot process volume group ev0
> > mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically
> >   Volume group "ev0" not found
> >   Cannot process volume group ev0
>
> So it actually boots, but the boot process is not able to find your root
> filesystem?

It loads the kernel, I can see the dmesg, and then I see an endless loop
of these messages. So yes, there's something broken with encrypted
partitions, that wasn't broken until the -10 kernel.

> Yes, that look pretty normal and like something the Debian installer
> would create.

It did.

> What is the content of /etc/crypttab? /etc/fstab? /boot/grub/grub.conf?
> What do you have mdadm for?

I don't have mdadm devices in this machine (it's a laptop with only one
SSD, anyway). I don't know why mdadm is present on this machine, but it
has "always" been, with no detrimental effects until possibly recently.

Thanks,
Toni