Hi Ben,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:12:01AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-11-23 at 10:04 +0000, Toni Mueller wrote:
> > I agree, but I can only file a bug report against the kernel package.
> > Please find the output of this command attached.
> cryptsetup support is not included in the newer initramfs images.

I saw that, but was not aware of this package:

> Did you remove cryptsetup-initramfs by accident?

Not that I am aware of, and definitely not intentionally. Until now, I
had no idea that it even existed. But I can now see that it was removed
in a dist-upgrade run on the 9th of May last year (huh?!?). But there
seems to be a problem to re-install it:

# apt install cryptsetup-initramfs -y

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgcc-s1
  cryptsetup-initramfs
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  libgcc-s1
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
E: Essential packages were removed and -y was used without
--allow-remove-essential.

Since libgcc-s1 is being provided by libgcc1, I am inclined to run with
--allow-remove-essential. But this is still quite scary!

(I wasn't aware of libgcc-s1, either. :(   )

Thanks,
Toni