[ Removing some lists ]
On Sat, Oct 07, 2023 at 04:53:33PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > ## Image packages contains more version info
> >
> > Example: linux-image-6.5.3-cloud-arm64
>
> > It will not longer be possible to reliably derive the package name from
> > kernel release (see above), as both values are not really related
> > anymore.
> What should work:  We define a new control field.  It contains both the
> kernel name and a version prefix.

Or would it be easier to re-use normal dependency resolving, like:

Kernel-Provides: linux (>> 6.6.1~), linux (<< 6.6.1.)

This would allow full flexibility and re-uses existing code to check
such definitions.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Women professionals do tend to over-compensate.
                -- Dr. Elizabeth Dehaver, "Where No Man Has Gone Before",