Hi Samuel,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 08:30:55PM +0100, Samuel Wolf wrote:
> Hi Salvatore,
>
> > if you are allowed to deploy unofficial builds: Would you be willing
> > to test that the packages in
> > https://people.debian.org/~carnil/tmp/linux/1059624/ fix the problem?
> > They contain that specific revert on top. I have signed the sha256sum
> > file with my key found in the Debian keyring.
>
> thank you, I can test this kernel on a test server with the same
> Adaptec controller.
>
> > I cannot really determine right now how many people are affected.
>
> In theory, anyone who uses aacraid drivers/controllers.

Right, but apparently not every controller type, but at least we know
some types affected.

> > So in case you manage to test the above packages quite soon there is a
> > chance we can have it in the next upload. Otherwise in the next after.
>
> I'll try to test this by saturday evening, is that too late?

Well yes the timing is a bit unfortunate. I was working today on
finalizing the upload for bookworm (6.1.69-1) and bullseye
(5.10.205-1), before then your bugreport hit the bugtracker.

But at this point I guess I can delay that finalizing a bit further to
see your testing happening. So it would be welcome if you find time to
make it possible to test it by saturday evening.

Regards,
Salvatore