On 04/10/26 02:16 PM, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

> What I don't get though, I followed Salvatore's instructions from a stock
> Debian kernel which say
> 
>     cp /boot/config-$(uname -r) .config
>     yes '' | make localmodconfig
>     make savedefconfig
>     mv defconfig arch/x86/configs/my_defconfig
> 
> so all settings should be the same. But as I wrote before, the kernel sizes
> are wildly different, so possibly something went wrong here.
> 
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   283542 Oct  3 15:02 config-6.12+unreleased-amd64
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   171116 Oct  2 01:00 config-6.12.107
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   283337 Aug 29 06:19 config-6.12.107+deb13-amd64
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   171310 Oct  2 01:05 config-6.12.111
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   283542 Sep 28 14:18 config-6.12.111+deb13-amd64
> 
> root@nm3:/boot# grep CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON config-6.12*
> config-6.12+unreleased-amd64:# CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON is not set
> config-6.12+unreleased-amd64:CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON_INTGPU_OFF=y
> config-6.12.107:# CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON is not set
> config-6.12.107+deb13-amd64:# CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON is not set
> config-6.12.107+deb13-amd64:CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON_INTGPU_OFF=y
> config-6.12.111:# CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON is not set
> config-6.12.111+deb13-amd64:# CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON is not set
> config-6.12.111+deb13-amd64:CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON_INTGPU_OFF=y
> 
> That setting is not set for both my kernels, the trixie kernels and the one
> Salvatore sent out yesterday. So maybe it's enabled somewhere else in Debian
> (a kernel patch)?
> 
> Anyway, I booted "my" .111 with intel_iommu=on now and it shows the "Adding
> to iommu group" messages, so it should crash now.

Nope :-(

That kernel (built straight from the linux-stable tree) does not crash,
even with IOMMU enabled. At least for the last 8 hours.

So although I copied over the config as instructed the 6.12.111-stable
tree behaves differently, has a wildly different size of the .config and
the binaries, and does not crash.

Bernhard

Reply via email to