Hi Bernhard, Aurelien, Rudolph,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2026 at 01:08:40PM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2026 at 01:00:22PM +0200, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> > On 05/10/26 07:47 AM, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> >  
> > > So this mgiht now be the same as in meanwhile reported upstream,
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20261004122616.56714cbd@nargothrond/
> > 
> > I think that looks promising. 
> > 
> > While I still cannot reproduce that with the upstream stable tree, I can
> > confirm that
> > 
> > - Debian 6.12.111-1 does not crash when there is no VLAN configured
> > - Debian 6.12.111-1 + debian/bin/test-patches with the patch from 
> >   
> > https://lore.kernel.org/stable/[email protected]/
> >   appears to be stable as well.
> > 
> > It has already been submitted to netdev and to stable
> > 
> > https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email protected]/
> 
> Thanks for having done that already; was going in fact to suggest
> exactly that to pick the change and test it with bin/test-patches.

v2 posted for testinng:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email protected]/

Regards,
Salvatore

Reply via email to