On 08/30/2011 01:25 AM, Luk Claes wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 06:16 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> I concur with Sean Finney that nfs-utils should Build-Depend on
>> libnfsidmap-dev >= 0.24 to ease backporting.
>>
>> I'm hoping to prepare nfs-utils 1.2.4 as a backport for squeeze, and
>> it'd be nice to modify the source package as minimally as possible.
>
> What features do you need/want from 1.2.4?

the version of nfs-utils in squeeze is only capable of using des-cbc-crc
kerberos tickets.  This is a poor choice for network security.  No one
setting up a modern system should be using plain DES for anything.

from 1:1.2.3-1:

    - Try to use kernel function to determine supported Kerberos
       enctypes (258f10f) (Closes: #474037)

Taking advantage of this appears to require the kernel from
squeeze-backports as well, but i don't think that's an unreasonable
tradeoff (and i have verified that it works with 2.6.39-bpo.2, currently
in squeeze-backports).

        --dkg