On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 07:25:58AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 06:16 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> > I concur with Sean Finney that nfs-utils should Build-Depend on
> > libnfsidmap-dev >= 0.24 to ease backporting.
> >
> > I'm hoping to prepare nfs-utils 1.2.4 as a backport for squeeze, and
> > it'd be nice to modify the source package as minimally as possible.
>
> What features do you need/want from 1.2.4?

also, for those using kerberos + nvfsv4, it fixes some rather annoying
bugs (like not working at all) for environments where users have a large
list of group memberships (see 5604b35a and to a lesser extent 9274e94d).

i shoudl add that minus the nfsidmap not building (and thus breaking
after the dh additions to install the files), the package would otherwise
build fine with no other needed modifications with the existing build-depends.

so i guess it's a choice between whether you want to substitute uniformity
(i.e.  all builds having nfsidmapd by requiring also a backport of
libnfsidmap) vs flexibility (builds are slightly more non-deterministic,
based on what version of libnfsidmap is installed).  i don't have a strong
opinion either way :)

        sean