On Tuesday 01 March 2005 01:47, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit David Schmitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > The DFS_Guidelines_ don't need to hold up in court. Therefore they
> > are able to say that source which is unacceptable for modification
> > because of lack of documentation, poor programming practices,
> > obscure language or any arbitrary criteria you might think of for
> > unmaintainability is no service to our users
>
> They certainly _can_ say that, but I don't think they actually _do_.

I took a look. The DFSG only talk about "the source code". Unqualified.
Probably based on the expectation, that every maintainer only packages
software he feels able to properly support.

I think many people (me first) often forget the greatest plus Debian has over
most commercial Software Vendors: No need to pull strings in court and no
marketing droids.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?