On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:17:51PM +0200, Mćns Rullgćrd wrote:
> Thanks for mentioning command lines.  Running a program from the
> command line, usually involves passing it options.  These options are
> (obviously) copies of strings from the actual program.  Can this
> copying be a copyright violation?  IMHO, it is no different, in
> principle, from using function names declared in a header file.

If you can find us a country whose laws make this illegal,
this issue would be worth discussing.

If the laws of that country were available in english, we
could probably do justice to that (hypothetical) discussion.

If there are any such countries, and they make a practice
of enforcing such laws (rather than just having them on the
books to confuse novices), we should probably put together a
page warning people to about using computers in that country
(or those countries).

--
Raul