Hi, all.

I am newbie and begin undestand "debian community" only now. Excuse me for previous questions.

The matter looked simle. Exists several documentation of standarts in format plain/text with license like "Permission is granted to distribute verbatim copies". Documents are useful and some people want to see they in main section. The license mostly conform DFSG section "Integrity of The Author's Source Code" except paragraph "The license must explicitly permit distribution of software built from modified source code.".

DFSG primary was developed for software and not adequate to text documents, which not needed to be builded. Simplest way is make obvious change "If software must be builded to be used, then the license must explicitly permit distribution of software built from modified source code.". Thats all, almost happy.

But what do "debian community"? Debate "what is freedom?" and "what is not freedom?". Write faq, guidelines, howto and other bureaucratic documents about freedom.

Yes, you are free to do this.

But. You must undestand and keep in mind. For normal people (not specialized in freedom) things, such as putting gnu-standarts to non-free, always looked very strange (said softly).

Good luck

--
Olleg Samoylov