On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, David Starner wrote:
> The DFSG is designed to be an objective standard.

Not really, it's way too broad for that.  If it were completely objective
there'd be no debate about whether a given license violated it or not.

> Anyway, if this is acceptable, then can someone put in a clause about
> breaking God's law invalidates the license? I think pretty much all
> the arguments in this thread for the clause would also apply to such a
> clause.

No, because copyright law is something that's enforced by a jurisdiction,
that same jurisdiction (presumably, though the license was unclear about
this) whose other laws the license is mandating you follow.  Copyright law
is not enforced by God.

        Brian