MJ Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a tapoté :

> On 2003-09-26 21:48:48 +0100 Mathieu Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> 1. "Is this MP3 file software or hardware?"
> > This is one is definitely worse: you explicitely point out which
> > definition of the word software you think is the most usual, by asking
> > to refer to this definition.
>
> ITYM "implicitly".  If it were explicit, the question would be: "Is
> this MP3 file software, where software is defined as....?"
>
> Then again, given the level of mindgames and word games that you have
> engaged so far, I might be missing your private definition of the word
> implicit.

Well, my definition of "ad hominem" is shared by ancient roman history
teachers -- excuse me but I think that this topic they deserve to be
trusted by comparison to these simplistic "fallacious blabla"
webpages.

Well, my definition of logiciel is shared by the Académie Française,
which is the authority in matter of French vocabulary.

Well, my usual definition of software is at least shared by most of
non-french the persons I've ever meet.

I would not call these definitions "private".

In this case, the point of the question was explicit: both words
"software" and "hardware" were named and presented as alternative
answers. However, the definition underlying was implicit, correct.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org