Le sam 24/01/2004 à 00:12, Anthony Fok a écrit :

> I just did some experiments, and it seems that the "prettier" version
> (http://descent.netsplit.com/~scott/fonts-upstream.png) was rendered with
> FreeType's "autohinting" on.

Yes, enabling the autohinter disables the bytecode interpreter as the
two methods are incompatible.

> In that case, I suggest modifying
> /etc/fonts/local.conf and uncomment the following:
>
> <!-- Uncomment below to enable the freetype autohinter module -->
> <!--
>   <match target="font">
>     <edit name="autohint" mode="assign">
>       <bool>true</bool>
>     </edit>
>   </match>
> -->

You can do it with debconf. A quick survey showed most users prefer the
bytecode interpreter, so fontconfig uses it by default, but you have the
choice.

As for legal issues, I fail to see why we should drop something for a
patent that is not actively enforced, especially when it is not known
whether it is actually enforceable.
: :' :           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
`. `'                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]